Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Hallow’s eve to all!

We don’t actually celebrate it in my country that much. Well, not until very recently. When I was a kid, kids only went around begging candy on Easter. And while I’m at it; we never knew about Easter bunny either. We just went around dressed as witches, trading decorated willow-branches to candy. But that’s Easter stuff. We’re at Halloween now. Another mad holiday invented by the Yankees. Or was it the British?

Yes, it’s new here and still not that big of a deal. Past couple of years I’ve been itching to have a Halloween party with proper decorations, nasty food and all the cool costumes. But nobody would take it seriously and it would feel so stupid to have half of the guests dressed in casual. I’d be lucky if they had their kids dressed up. I saw this before. My friend had a Halloween party couple of years ago. I’d say she did pretty well. Better than I expected with what she had to work with. The kids had fun. The adults were acting all weird and awkward, rolling their eyes and not knowing whether to joke or roll their eyes. Another thing I’m worried about is how would I decorate and make creepy food? I’m not that good with my hands. I do get ideas and visions, but I could never do them, draw them or explain others. But I am determinate to have that party one time. Maybe when the kids hit puberty, it will be a cool stunt to pull and win them over again. Of course I assume, they’ll hate me by then. Duh!

No comments:

Post a Comment