Sunday, December 13, 2009

Party on

Sunday December 16th 2001 at 12.10 pm a child was born. She was strong and beautiful from the start. She was big for a newborn; 51 cm and 4080 grams. Because she has the shape of her father's head, and because she was in such a hurry to get out of me; she got birth marks on her head. Literally BIRTH marks. There's little ones in the back of her head and a bigger triangular-shaped in her fore head, like a warning sign for all who'd dare try and hurt her. The doctor said they would dim out as she grows and only show when she's angry, crying or otherwise red in her face. It has dimmed out a little but I still think it's pretty visible. Good thing she looks pretty in bangs or she might get bullied because of it later in life. Or rather pretty in spite of it. I might be biased.

Today we celebrated this girl's birthday. A little early, I know; but birthdays are always easier on weekends. Especially when there's a bigger crowd coming, like today. A week ago on Kasperi's 3rd birthday, there were only 6 guests. Now there were about 20, most of them kids. If you've ever seen a documentary about playful little monkeys, that would be similar to the scene of 10+ sugar-rushed kids. There were the 5 girls that played together in the bedrooms. There were only sounds of disturbance when one of the little boys went to wreak havoc. But the little ones were in the living room with us adults. They played nicely one minute and less-nicely the next. One of my friend's kids -her oldest- soon got bored and said he had nothing to do, so I asked my hubby to set up the Wii for him in the living room. So the NOISE took another step, huge leap upwards. There were the moments when the little ones were in front of him so he couldn't see and yeld at them. And there were the noises when everyone talked louder so others would hear. And there were the sounds of my friends youngest kid -my youngest godson- when he started crying due to getting scared or shy or not seeing his mother. So NOISE. Lots of it. And lots of me running around making sure everyone got cake and stuff and that everyone was playing safe. I was pretty beat up when the last guest left. I woke up at 12.20pm (I should have got up before), took a shower and cleaned the house by the time when first guest came at 2. It was sometime after 6 when the last one left and I felt ready for bed. But it was a happy birthday party. Everyone had fun. *insert sincere smiley face*

It was great seeing my friend and her kids again. I didn't realize it had been months since I last saw her kids. My godson was walking and almost as big as his big brother. Time flies with children and children grow like weeds. Especially in their first couple of years. And they remember so little, for so little time. He didn't recognize me anymore and was very shy of me too and scared of me. Broke my heart. I like holding babies. They're so warm, and cute and feel like they radiate something magical that enables some primal instinct within me. i don't know about other women, but I'm drawn to babies...

Time flies with children, truly. Wasn't it just a couple of years ago when my daughter was born? Wasn't it just a while ago when she was the size of that godson? It feels like part of my brain is constantly reliving the year 2003 when she was 1 and I was living alone with her, feeling kinda lonely but still somehow at ease; stronger than ever before, or since. I don't like all the ways I've grown since then, but my daughter amazes me daily. She has grown to be this beautiful, smart and radiant little girl, so quickly becoming a young lady. She makes friends easily and has this weird pull on people. Everybody likes her, she likes everyone. if you win her friendship, she'll never forget you; even if there's years between you two seeing each other. This girl is destined for greatness, and I can't wait for see where her road takes her. And at the same time, I just want to keep her my little girl.

1 comment:

  1. You painted a delicious picture. Don't forget to post some pics. *hug* Paula

    ReplyDelete