Monday, December 14, 2009

What's Cristmas like for Vegetarians?

Here's a question that popped in my head in this early monday morning. I've heard of veganism all my life, but I've only recently begun to apply the lifestyle to myself. Every year, the Christmas food has been one of my favorite dishes. The traditional Finnish Christmas meal is ham with several veggie-based sidedishes; so I'm thinking I only need to replace the ham. I don't want to stand out too much. This year, we're spending Christmas eve at hubby's mom's place. Every year someone brings something. This year I might bring something Vegan. So comes the question: What do vegans/vegetarians eat at christmas time? As usual, Google is my friend. I found quite a few sites that inform me on this subject.

This one might be Scottish since there are so many Scottish recipes and stores listed. All things Scottish remind me of a girl name Becca now days. I love it! All things in this site seem doable and I might actually cook some of it. The recipes seem easy and the ingredients are listed in three different measurements, so I think anyone in the Wold can make them without pulling out a calculator!

This one
is very American, so are the measurements. It seems there's a lot of variety and lots of labor of love for the tastepuds!

This one actually has instructional steps for how to create a vegan-friendly Christmas dinner!

Here three professional cooks share their recipes for delicious meat-free Yuletide feasts! First of them is a Hindu chef wit family who has a vegetarian restaurant in Leicester, UK that stays open in Christmas, too. Then we get another view in the American Christmas thru the eyes of Jennifer McCann, author of Vegan Lunch Box (I want to see this book now!). Last but not least, we get to learn about macrobiotic Christmas with Nigel Walker, macrobiotic chef, vegiventures.com.

Here The Vegetarian Society shares many, many, many different recipes from Christmas pasts. There's also Top 10 Survival Tips for a Vegetarian Christmas available thru a link.

Here you can find a recipe for Tofu-turkey, treat for any American readers I might have. I don't think I can do this myself.

I don't know about you, but now I'm hungry. i guess it's time for breakfast!
Until I'll blog again...

No comments:

Post a Comment