Last night, I didn't get to sleep until 4am. Just when I was going to bed around 2am, Kas started crying and crying and crying and couldn't stop or say what was wrong with him. He wasn't hot or in pain. I got him to fall asleep in my lap once but when I took him to bed, he started crying again. At which point I pushed him to Janne's side of the bed and rolled over. Then, Janne got him to speak just enough to say he was hungry. So I got up, made him some bread and fed it to him while he was in my lap half-asleep. Then he agreed to go to sleep in his own bed and I fell asleep the moment my head touched my pillow.
I don't remember much of my dreams, execpt the very last one. i was in some huge place with lots of people eating in tables and I was trying to catch Kas, who was running around stealing french fries from other people's plates. The I got stopped by the Master of Ceremonies who had a mic and asked what was going on and I told him. He then spoke in his mic saying something like this woman has a son faster than a lightning and we are all gonna watch her catch him and we're making a game out of it. He said I was gonna get a price when I caught the kid. So as I was running around trying to see and hear the kid, I thought to myself "This is the most embarrassing thing ever. I wish the time would stop or I'd vanish or something". And that's when I woke up.
So I got up at noon. The kids were playing, and Emma was here. I went to the toilet, took my Gerdy-pill and went to lie down on the sofa since my eyes wouldn't stop making that stuff they make when I sleep and when I'm too tired. I decided to take a little nap. Just as I fell asleep I heard the kids talking how they're going out with Emma and I had to tell them something so I was awake again. Couldn't catch sleep anymore so I sat there and watched the end of the Incredibles, wiping that stuff off my eyes. Then the kids were all gone and the house was quiet. I wasn't sleepy at all. Then I discovered that I had forgot my box of chocolates on the sofa, under the blanket and the kids hadn't notice it. So I had a half box of chocolate. Breakfast of champions!
I then just sat there, tired and limb but unable to sleep anymore. Wondering what to do next. There didn't seem to be much cleaning to do and still not time to make dinner. At first I thought of sitting on the computer, listening music and writing something; but realized my brain was still too much asleep for that. So I looked thru my movies on the Digibox/TiVo and started watching a Nora Roberts movie starring Brittany Murphy. It was on Finnish TV a while ago; might have even been the day she died. Loved her work on it. It was a great movie. How could it have anything less; I do like Nora Roberts' books and the acting of BM. So sad that there's never going to be another movie by her...
When there was 30 minutes left of the movie I started making dinner while watching it. Nothing fancy, just macaroni and ground meat, and then I mixed them together. Kids' favorite, or one of the favorites. When the movie ended, the dinner was ready and I texted Emma to bring the kids home. At on point of the movie I got a text from my sis J, asking if she, my sister R and J's kids and puppy could come spend the night here tonight. I knew they were coming. She texted last night that they would stop by. I hadn't said anything to kids about them coming because they so often cancel in the last minute and then my kids are heart broken. Just a minute ago as I was writing this, Rebekka got me to tell her they were coming. They better really come...
So that's today so far. Now I'll make my self some wok and some Christmas casseroles (carrot and turnip). I don't know what then. I guess I'll need to clean the kitchen. I'm feeling very lazy today and luckily it seems there isn't much to do. :D BTW, this whole text started as an attempt to make another FB status, but it got a bit too long for that. xD
No comments:
Post a Comment