Monday, May 3, 2010

Apple pie, Finnish style

About 24 servings.
Easy. Takes about 20-30 minutes to make and 40-50 minutes to bake.

This is a recipe that I mildly modified from the one I got from my sister and I do believe she learned it in cooking school.

In the oven:


Ready and bathing in sunshine :)




You need:
3 eggs
450 ml of sugar
650 ml of white flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
3 teaspoons of vanilla sugar (or some vanilla extract)
225g melted butter or margarine
200 ml milk
4 apples
cinnamon

1. Break the eggs in a mid-sixed bowl. Mix until it’s all yellow. Add the sugar, mix well.
2. Mix the dry stuff in a separate bowl, then add into the egg-mix. Mix well.
3. Add butter/margarine. Mix well.
4. Add milk. Mix well.
5. Pour the dough into a large, deep oven pan. I’m talking the kind that come with the oven and are as wide as the oven.
6. Peal and chop 3-4 apples. It’s even more lush if you use half of them pears. Set nicely on the surface of the dough.
7. Sprinkle some cinnamon on top.
8. Bake in 200c for 40-50 minutes.
9. Bon appétit! Tastes even better with vanilla ice cream but is just awesome by itself.



***************
This is just a quick post. I'll change the measurements to US later. And add pictures. My latest pie is still in the oven!

No comments:

Post a Comment