I may have a case of narcolepsy today. I may have slept less than 5h last night. I may have slept that very thinly. Booger.
I had some fries at 11pm. And a half liter of water. So I wasn’t particularly sleepy at midnight which is my usual bedtime. And I wanted to wait for the water to pass so I wouldn’t get wacky dreams a la full bladder again. Well, some of it did pass. I went to bed at 1am when tiresomeness suddenly came over me like a dark cloud, pressing my eyelids close and dragging my breath. So I brushed my teeth, went to bed and… rolled awake for about 15-30 minutes. Even though I was exhausted, I couldn’t catch sleep. Mainly because hubs was getting too close again. He likes to snuggle. I don’t. Makes me feel confined when he throws his hand over my chest when it’s hard enough to breath lying down as it is. Well that, and he is always hot and sweaty when he sleeps, so when he gets very close everything he touches, itches. And now I feel like a stupid commitment phobe for writing about this when there are so many sassy single ladies in my friends who’d love to have someone to snuggle with. I’m just sick of it. Or I’d like it while watching movies, not while I try to sleep. Hello, insomniac here!
During the 5 hour sleep I woke up two times. Once because someone was trying to grope me. Once when my bladder was so full, it woke me up. I went back to sleep swiftly both times. After turning to the other side. The whole night I was seeing some weird road tripping dreams. Must be because of all the plotting for my story yesterday. I think at first I was going on an euro trip but it was like it was on fast forward. Just flashes of pictures I might have seen sometimes. Then I was in a train to go visit Ninna in Ă…land. Then I was driving to pick up my sister and something urgent was going on. Turned out that my monk of a brother (lets call him Andy, 26, sporty, asthmatic, shy, lonely, looks kinda like young Sylvester Stallone) had knocked up some young girl, the girl was gone and Andy didn’t want the baby because he didn’t see himself fit to it. Me and my sister were called there to try to make some sense of it, and finally arranging the kid for adoption. I ended up having the baby with me for a night and I fell for it. It was just like in real life: every time I hold a baby it feel like my heart goes nuclear. It explodes and implodes and then it just feels like my whole chest is radiating warmth and love towards the baby. Yeah… So THAT happened in the dream. And the next day me and my sister were visiting some orphanage that the baby was gonna go to because there wasn’t anyone to adopt him yet. It just made me sick to my stomach to look at that place and imagine that sweet baby having to grow up there. I actually puked on the floor and could taste it. My mind was going in chaotic circles around the fact that I NEED to take him in even if I already had a house full of kids and how to do it… and then my alarm went off and I snapped awake. 6.40 am. Wide awake, and running to the toilet. Did I mention that a full bladder gives me crazy dreams like that…?
I think that dream fueled me with adrenaline; I was so alert the first two hours of today. All brisk and smiley, watching cooking shows that I’ve saved – which has become my morning routine I the past month or two. I ran out of Nigella bites -episodes last week and I miss her. *le sigh* She’s the goddess of kitchen, I tell you. I like her style of cooking because it isn’t too far from my own. Some people keep saying I must be a good cook, but I’m just a lame Nigella wannabe. LOL.
Kas woke up soon after me which is rare. Usually he wakes up last, somewhere between 8 and 9. It was 7. He did his morning routine which is to nestle in my lap until he got fully awake. The he ran to the kitchen to demand food. I heat up his semolina porridge from last night that he didn’t finish. I went back to my shows while Rebekka and Kas ate. Or more like fooled around doing anything but eating. Then Santeri woke up and I heated his porridge too. And I had to be rushing Rebekka to eat and dress up all the time because she has a short attention span in the mornings. The reason why I have to wake up at 6.40 every morning just to get her in school in time. Some 8 year olds can do all that stuff all by them selves… She left for school 7.40. Then came back 10 minutes later to pick up her back bag. -“Did you get all the way the school before you noticed?” -“noooo….” Yeah sure, I believe you… *eyeroll*
The boys ate badly and went to play in their room so I guess I got some more TV time. I watched some renovation shows in fast forward. Then 9 started closing in and I suddenly felt very tired and puffy-eyed. No naps for me this morning thou, since the boys were up so frisk and I could smell a coming fight in the air. This was when I cursed that I didn’t get me any coffee this week. Sometimes when I notice I’ve been having coffee every day for a couple of weeks, I decide to detox myself for a while. Sometimes it seems like my heart starts having some erratic rhythms when I have coffee too often. Nothing too serious, I think. Usually passes if I have a lot of water after coffee. So probably dehydration related. But anyways, then followed what I always do in the mornings to try to keep my self awake: computer time. Checked FB and Twitter, which took less time than usually. So instead of flooding my Twitter, I decided to blog. I think I made like 80 tweets yesterday. Madness!
Ok that there above, is what my mornings are alike quite often. Tell me about yours in the comments, please.
OK, 10am now and I just made the boys some grilled sausages for early lunch. Have to do them something else later. They’re always hungry! My lil pups. ♥
I’m gonna heat up some of my spicy fish-shrimp soup aka zuppa di frutti di mare, that I made for myself yesterday. Gonna be eating that for a couple of days now. It’s a 4 liter kettle. That has to wake me up properly. Lots of cleaning to do today. Friday is my week cleaning-day when I clean more and better… so I can be lazy in the weekend. The sun is playing peek-a-boo with the clouds again but it’s sunny enough to lift my mood up a bit. I try not to dwell in any crap today…
HAVE A NICE DAY EVERYONE!
No comments:
Post a Comment