oh wait... it's Thursday already? xD
I guess this is a good sign. this being the first holiday week for us. Of course me and the boys have been at home for 2,5 years at this point but it's R's holiday from school which means mama gets to sleep in a bit. I did put an alarm for me for 9am so I could make them breakfast and see if they're behaving. It was all ok. So I took a nap.... bad mama.... lol. I'm the only one suffering for this since I've got a bit more cleaning to do now. I just couldn't drag myself out of bed for good. I went to bed half past midnight but couldn't catch sleep until closer to 3am. Shouldn't have had supper that late (midnight). I got home from my walk at 11pm, did some light workout and ate in front of the TV. But I tREID being good since I went to bed as soon as possible. Even if I knew I wouldn't catch sleep so soon after supper. Which was soup, so I had to go to bathroom for two times before sleep got to me. Saw some mad dreams. I think one was a flashback from the 90's. Madness! LOL
My walk yesterday was pretty good. The weather was nice and my legs felt a bit stronger so I got to go faster than my last sluggish walk last weekend. My knees seemed to be responding nicely to the walk; muscles around the knees getting stronger and more supporting. No weird movements on the knees as sometimes. But today they hurt and feel a bit stiff. I might have to take the day off from work out. Which is OK. 3days/week is the minimum workout a person should have. I can still achieve that if I do a walk or some other workout tomorrow.
If you're wondering why my knees are an issue, here's a little story for you. In 2002 I danced so hard I broke my knees. True story. Really. Don't laugh. I said don't. OK, fine. It is a bit funny. I was at my hometown in the popular nightclub called Paradise. I was with my best friend with whom I always had the greatest time and most fun, sober or drunk. I loved dancing back then. I was in my ideal weight so not everything was jiggling like now days. It was around midnight and I had just had a Long island icetea - my goto drink to get drunk, which my friends always get and they look at me annoyed when I don't get drunk with the normal stuff - and I was starting to feel it in my head so my legs kinda started to feel like I wasn't sure if they were even attached to my body anymore. But I was still dancing! Having fun with my bestie. Then I felt a funny thing in my knees. Like something got off place and they felt weirdly wobbly. I said to my friend about it, she looked at my knees and then looked back at me horrified. Because I was STILL dancing. And I guess they looked a bit weird. Maybe it was high pain tolerance + the alcohol, but I couldn't feel pain, just that they were somehow funny. I kept moving in a way it felt like the knees were getting back to place and then they did. I felt them snap into place. They still felt a bit weak and they kept making a funny thing when I walked, so I tried to give them a rest. After that had gone on for few weeks, I went to show them for a doctor who was mildly amused by my story. He said there wasn't a huge damage to them, but if i'd do workout that makes the knee-supporting muscles stronger, it should get close to normal soon. Well, it took 18 months before they felt anything close to normal. Then I got preggo again and noticed that when my weight gets over 70kg they might act up again. I've been over 70kg for 5 years now (well there was a short period that I managed to get to 68kg a year ago)and my knees really affect to the rhyhtm of my workouts. Often so much I loose my inspiration and go be lazy again for couple of months. Which is really stupid because just 3 walks/week would take care of the trouble. Which never works since when I get the workout-bug, I over do it, which leads to to much pressure on the knees. Or I get a cold. Or something else that causes a workout-break and then I fall off the wagon again. I'm so bad at this stuff.... I need a team like celebs do: A personal trainer and a doctor that tells me just what's good for me.
While we're in the subject of injuries, how about another "how I got this scar"-story? I was watching for Twilight: Eclipse stills the other day and stopped to look at the one with Emily and Sam because it was so sweet and sappy it made me poop candy bars. I looked at Emily's face-scars and realized they're kinda like the ones I have on my left boob: three lines, each and inch long, pretty close to each other. It looks like boob got grazed by a giant pawn. Ah, the Alex/Paul fantasies this gives me! LOL. Actually these three scars I got when I was 13 and my chest went from flat to C-cup in like a week. Or so it seemed. I never noticed them growing, they just suddenly were there. Thinking back now they were pretty damn perfect at age 13-18 and nobody ever saw them until I was 17. What a waste. I should have gotten pictures. xD Of course I didn't appreciate them then. I was shy so I never wore a bikini. No guy looked at me twice. I was cursing why mine had to be bigger than my sister's, whose bras I always stole because mom never got me my own and I never had money. We didn't do allowance in my family. My mom was a single mom of five. Straying off the subject again, but there: a scar story. I kinda like these scars. Even if they do show when I wear something with an open decoltee. Gives me a bit of an edge.
Hmm, what else shall I blabber about today. Maybe this is enough. I just feel like writing SO MUCH. Maybe its because this keyboard didn't have batteries until the moment I started writing this. Better go now. Might ramble more soon.
Have a good day! Good luck and vibes all around! *muah*
Cappu
No comments:
Post a Comment