GERD is really having me belch acid today. Tastes like rotten eggs but luckily not bad enough to make that barfing effect. It's maintainable. I've been off the gerdy-pill for a long time now and managed to keep the bitch away. I must have been eating right. Now, I think it's going worse because of all the bad sleep. I slept about 4,5 hours last night. I slept more on the weekend but I guess it wasn't enough to pay off my sleep-depth. I slept about 11-12 hours/night on weekend. Yesterday I woke up at 3pm. Still, I was very tired at 11pm and had two cups of 'Goodnight tea', a German instant tea with herbs that are supposed to help falling asleep. Didn't work that well. My head got too busy again, thinking and worrying for nothing. Stupid head. I was really tired but just couldn't catch sleep until sometime around 3am. Lots of tossing and turning. Didn't help that I hated sleeping next to the hubby. It's always hard when things go awry between us. Seems like he's stressing about something so I'm trying to give him space. And now we haven't had much contact for over a week. Mama needs her hugs and kisses, dammit! We haven't even talked more than few words a day even though we were under the same roof all weekend. So, I guess all this relation crap is adding to what ever stress I'm already stirring. That can't help the sleeping...
Doing sports is supposed to be good for the sleeping, so I'm trying to start that up again. And it's about time. I've gained 3kilos/6pounds in the past 1-2 months. While being a veggie. How does that happen? Don't people usually get slimmer on a vegetarian diet? Now that I have to face the fact that it isn't just fluids, I really need to do something about all this weight. It's making my knee ache when I go past 72kg. And these extra 3 kilos aren't looking pretty one me either. I almost barfed when I took a good look on my legs. So I made them moving. The other day I started doing this goofy walk, lifting my knees very high and stepping in tune with some salsa music. The kids followed and giggled. I started calling it The Ostrich walk to make it more fun and interesting for the kids. I started swinging my arms too, because it burns more fat when all limbs are moving at once. Today I've done a lot of different types of workout moves in the past couple of hours. Ditching the computer chair. If I plan on check out this screen, I better stand. It's impossible for me to stand in one place, so when I ditch the chair, I'll automatically start moving. Why didn't I think of taking an advantage from this before?
Genius! The Ostritch walk and standing (dancing, grooving and looking cool) at the computer! Might have in incorporate this into my work day! :)
ReplyDelete