My home town is often referred as "The Chicago of Finland" because of the wind, but past few months there has been a thick blanket of clouds settled above our heads, so it feels more like Seattle (or that little place close to Seattle). And since I'm currently battling insomnia again, I just had to put up that heading. By the way, I called that movie my favorite movie all my teen years and that is why I can peal an apple as one long strip. *wink* ...And laugh when I rub the towel in my kids' faces after brushing their teeth. BTW, did you know there's a chair designed by Finnish Alvar Aalto in that movie? Man, the things I can remember about movies...
Last night, I actually went to sleep at 7.15pm. Really. I could have been knocked over with a feather, I was so tired. I was a little concerned that I might wake up later and couldn't catch sleep again, but I just couldn't stay awake. Eh... I woke up 2 hours later because I needed the toilet. 2/3 of the kids were asleep and hubby was just tucking in the youngest. I went straight back to bed after using the can, but guess what... Yep, I couldn't catch sleep. I'm thinking I was too nervous and half-intentionally stayed awake listening when the kid was gonna pass out or if he was going to go do something wicked. Finally around 10pm he went quiet. By that time I was just way too alert. And hungry. By 10.30 all I could think about was that delicious dish of couscous-wok I had in the fridge and how I could be eating it after just couple minutes of nuking it. So, I got up firmly deciding I was just going to go eat it and watch one episode of some favorite show. It was NCIS. Remind me to never nick a cupcake from a scary goth forensic chick. Jeez... Poor McGeek. I actually kept my firm decision and only watched that one show, while shamelessly committing one of the seven deadly sins holding a fork. I went back to bed 11.30 but it was just a lot of tossing and turning until I finally caught sleep again around 2am. So it was actually pretty much my average night, I just managed to get in a nap.
This morning I woke up at 6.30 when hubby woke me up. He was a little tense so I'll bet he noticed me getting out of bed last night. He always thinks I stay up intentionally. But I am pleased to announce that the little cold war we had going on, is over. *does a little victory dance* I guess he was knocked to his senses, so to speak. He counted 2+2=4 from the facts that A) We had a little fight the previous day and he made me feel like crap and scared the kids; and B) I slept the night on the sofa. Actually, in this case 2+2 was 5, since I didn't sleep on the sofa because of the fight, but wanted to try if I could fall asleep easier there since it always seems to do the trick during the day and I remembered I loved to fall asleep on the sofa with TV in as a kid. Well, maybe - just maybe - part of my reasoning was that during that ten days of cold shoulders and feeling like the distance between us was miles rather than feet, I couldn't breath properly lying next to him at night. Might have had an effect on the whole insomnia thing. Which is just another example how vicious cycles are formed; he actually got that cold towards me because he thought (again) that I stayed up on purpose which led to me not keeping the house clean and being a wet rag all day long which made him pissed which made me pissed which made him pissed, and so on. Aren't we a lovely couple? *ROFL* Ah, the live of an Aquarius female trying to live with a Capricorn male... Dude, when are you going to get it? No matter how much noise you make by banging your horns, it doesn't do the trick. Water is the strongest element; it even finds it's way thru stone. You'll just remain thirsty that much longer. muahahaaha. Great analogy, the guy can be quite horny...
OK, maybe it's time to get on with my day. I didn't even have breakfast yet and it's 9 already. I'll be doing my workout around 11 again and I'll be sure to remember to put in some yoga as well. Other than that, no big plans for today. Maybe I should see a doctor because I think I've got another ear infection. I was just postponing calling the doctor because for a while it looked like Kas was developing one too and I'd like to do just one hospital-run/week. Besides, I'd need to ask hubby to carpool to work then so I'd get the car. Today wasn't good day for that. Seems like a storm is coming. It's quite windy out there and weather forecasts say there will be snow. I'm just wishing the wind would chase away the damn clouds. I'd rather live in fake-Chicago than fake-Seattle.
"A storm is coming" sorry crackfic reference! hehe
ReplyDeleteGlad things are getting better between the two of you sweetie <3 xx
yeah, i might have been too early to sigh of relief... He ain't taking my reading very nicely...
ReplyDelete