Thursday, January 7, 2010

Movie Review: Sex and the city *minor spoilers*

I just saw the extended version of this movie and I must say I liked it. I lost my taste in the series somewhere in the halfway, but in the movie they had successfully renewed the concept a little bit. It's still about life, love and friendship. Less about the shoes but they do get to play an important part.

Once again, I noticed that Carrie's part of the plot line isn't that interesting to me. I've never understood women that go on and off with the same guy forever, letting the deuce walk all over them again and again. I did like about the moments of Carrie without Big in he picture. There's something about a woman getting over a man and finding her own feet again, that always makes a good story. The realization that a woman can indeed live without a man. I went thru with something like that once. i found my own two feet and could actually keep my life together. It was the loneliest time of my life but at the same time it was when I felt the strongest and capable of anything. There were a lot of warm, happy moments in all of that loneliness and I really wouldn't have been lonely at all if I'd had friends close to me like Carrie did. Needles to say there was that part of Carrie's story that I did relate to.

Somehow Miranda has always felt closest to me from these characters. And I really could relate to her storyline. We all do have our dry spells... And how often have I thought "let's just get it over with". Erm... Thankfully my dry spells haven't evolved into what Miranda had here. My guy might be a bit of a sexoholic but he'd not cheat. Though, I must say it does have a lot in common with the circumstances we had going on just before we broke up 2002 and I had to get into that Carrie-like survival story.

I really like the brunette's (what's her name) hubby but all the love-gooey crap made me sick. No relationship is so perfect they can say they're "happy every day. Maybe not every moment, but every day." Puh-leaaaase! How did you make that baby if you don't have enough passion in your life for it to start stupid little fights every now and then? Beside, I do think it's impossible for a human to be totally satisfied in their life for that long periods. We always do get bored and start looking at our lives more closely, concentrating in all the little flaws which then grow to ridiculous proportions and cause some much needed drama. Maybe the writer just needed a portrait of cliche happy family on top of all the drama the other girls were going thru...

Samantha is someone I do love to hate. It's like she's someone I'd like to be at times but am too scared to loose my face for it. It was a little surreal to see her play such little housewife and do all those things for her man. It was like watching a trapped wild tiger pace around in her cage. I was just dying to free her. All those little peeks of the true Samantha made me smile. I wasn't that surprised by her decision in the end, but the guy is still listed in the actors of the second movie. This writer must just love renewed love stories. She must be a masochist.

The sex, the skin! It's all over the movie. I love how beautifully they portrayed the naked human bodies. It was like watching works of art.

All and all the movie gave me a good feeling. In the end I really wanted to shake Carrie for doing the stupid again, but... ugh, she must be Pisces. She reminds so much of a friend I have...

I always love movies based in New York. I love how the city looks. Must be an architecture-freak thing. I'd hate to live in a place that big, but there is something magical about the City. I will never get the materialistic craziness that is designer clothes, bags and shoes. I'd never pay that much for those things, no matter how rich i was and whose name in the tag. Insane!

No comments:

Post a Comment