I had a pretty good day. Went to bed at 3am last night when I finally got sleepy and woke up 7,5 hours later with a jump from a really wacky dream. In the dream, I started watching some movie on my TiVo. It looked like an American, late 70's/early 80's horror film about a small town family that was about to leave town to go backpacking in Europe. Last thing they wanted to do before leaving was to go fishing in some remote, small lake. Little they knew that some crazy guy was raising alligators in the lake and feeding cows to them, making them crazy some way. So when these people go fishing they end up fighting for their life with f'd up 'gators. When one of the alligators was climbing on the little boat and about eat them all; in the dream I hid in my sofa cushions and quickly fast forwarded to the end of the movie to see who lived. No way I was gonna watch all of it. LOL. Then I woke up with a really confused brain and adrenaline rush and doubtful of getting back to sleep again. I don't know where that dream came from. I haven't seen alligators anywhere lately, but now I'm pretty sure I'm developing a phobia for them. lol
Today, I've been watching some TV and drew another floor plan. Then whoosh, it was 3pm. Did some cleaning and started cooking home made wedge potatoes ("veneperunat" in Finnish, as in "boat potatoes"); for the first time from scrap. They were a success. They’re also healthier than fries, I tell you. If you feel like doing them, here’s how. First I took 15 mid-sized potatoes and washed them good. Then I cut them into wedges (4/potato) and put them in a big bowl. I poured some olive oil, maybe 3-4 tablespoons, and moved the wedges around with my hands so the oil got to every wedge. Then I set them on a large oven pan side by side, peelings downwards. Then I sprinkled some spices: salt, grinded pepper, grinded garlic and grinded paprika. Then I put them in the oven for 15-20 minutes in the air circulation grill-setting, at 250 degrees Celsius. If you’re using a regular oven, you might have to keep them in for 30 minutes. Test with a fork if they’re done and soft. Serve as a side dish with – well, pretty much anything. We had sausages that had cheese filling.
After dinner hubs decided we better go to the store together since the car was having some trouble starting yesterday. So we dressed the kids. Then we decided to visit hubs’ mom and brothers, leave the boys there while shopping. I took my bag of clothes that needed sewing with me so I could finally work on them. Some of those clothes have been in dire need of fixing up or shortening for years. I just kept pushing it forward since I didn’t want to ask mom-out-law to do them and was very doubtful of my skills on the subject. Haven’t touched a sewing machine in a decade and sucked even back then. Now I just decided it’s time to suck it up and try. And if I fail, do it again. That could be my new motto, to get out of this loser- set of mind. I practiced on a pair of crappy sweat pants and pretty much ruined them, but that’s okay since I’ll only wear them at home when doing workout and I only that when there’s nobody around to see. LOL. I did better on the pants that needed shortening. Pair of blue sweat pants were still a bit awry and practicing, but they’re going to the same use as the other sweaties. Then I needed to change the thread from white to black and struggled a bit to remember how to put the damn thing in the machine. Hub’s brother must have laughed if he heard me whispering swear words, a bunch of other things and begging the machine to co-operate. I managed to succeed my expectations after all. Even with a pair of jeans.
I heated my own dinner when we got back home; another bowl of shrimp-Pollock-potato soup. I’ve still got one dish of it for tomorrow. Oh, I didn’t have the sausage before, just a few wedgies. I had a large piece of hard bread for breakfast before. I’m really not that hungry on weekends. Weird.
Now I’ve got the k ids in bed and hubs is going soon too. I was thinking of maybe taking a walk after they’re all asleep, but it’s been too little time since I ate, and it can get sickening to do exercise with a belly full of potatoes. Gonna do more sports tomorrow. I’m thinking of starting with yoga and the start up workout with hand weights. Then finally check out my Zumba DVD. Then later, when hubs gets off work, I’ll go for a walk. I’d like to do a total of 2-3 hours of workout 4 days a week, and just the yoga and one mild 30 minute workout on the others. That’s oughta give me some results, right? I just need to learn how to keep up the resolve and motivation for more than a week at a time. I’d really like NOT to look like a whale next summer.
No comments:
Post a Comment