Once again my oldest friend is going thru this, and once again with the same guy. And it's even worse this time since he broke up just days before their wedding. I don't hate anybody in this World as I hate that piece of crap. I don't understand why she keeps falling for him and putting herself in the same situation time after time. She should know by now that it's never going to work out. The relationship it self is never happy and it always ends with him putting her down and taking off. i just wanna rip his dick off and beat him with it. Arrggghh! And the worst part is the break up has been tougher every time. This must be like number 15 or something, in ten years. She's totally broken and feels that she can die of pain. And still she'd do anything to get him back. I don't understand that. At all. I don't know what to say to her to make her feel better. The words are hard to find and I've told her over and over again that she can always come here for a weekend. Life is so hard sometimes...
I do remember what it feels like to be left by someone I loved. Last time that happened I cried out loud in a pillow for 30 minutes straight. I had never cried that much and that noisily before, or have ever since. My neighbors must have thought I was stabbed or something. I lived in an apartment building then. Still my pain wasn't half as much as hers is now. I know that. I got over that guy in a few months, or rather after few months it became easy not to think of him. Still every now and then I remember the pain of that moment and memory of him and it stings inside. I wish I could just help her get past it, at least enough to function properly. I'm concerned she might be neglecting her kid for this. She doesn't even see anything good in her life. She has a beautiful smart daughter. She's been blind folded by that ass of man...
Help me help her... please comment.
Sadly sometimes you can only help someone who wants or at least recognises the need to be helped.
ReplyDeleteAll you can do is keep reminding her of how much shit she has gone through with this guy and that someone who supposedly loves you wouldnt put you through that pain repeatedly.
Try not to tell her that she shouldnt love him, instead try and help her understand that evidently he's "love" for her is not strong enough and that he is not deserving of hers.
Let her know that you are there for her and her daughter.
Ultimatly try not to get angry at her man in front of her, it will only make her defensive. Stay neutral and (as hard as it is) try to see both sides without judging. It will help her be much more open to what you tell her about how bad he apparently is for her.