Not that anyone here is married. LOL
At the moment there's both sickness and health in our home. Of course you already learned from FB that my oldest kid is having a stomach flu, or so it seems. Puking and pooping... Poor baby. She's sick so rarely, she's a little overwhelmed. Last time she needed mediation to pain and fever lowering was so long time ago, the med had gone old and we disposed it last summer. I don't have a car during the days so I had to ask her grandma to bring some meds. It didn't take until afternoon, thankfully. She brought the meds at noon and at 1pm R was feeling good enough to get off bed and try eat something. She's now playing with the boys and watching TV. I had to tell her to play nice and slow and not run around screaming as usual. I also learned that 3am throw up wasn't her only one. She had got up at 7am and watched Avatar: the last air bender, and then gone back to bed. Middle of watching the show, she had to run to puke again. My poor little princess...
The boys just made a huge pile of poop, but it was soft enough to alert me that they might have it too. If they follow R's lead, they'll trow up some time tonight. I really hope not. They always get so shocked when they trow up, they cry for a long time. I'd like to catch some sleep so I'll have strength to take care of them all. I do feel a little sick myself too. I've been tasting puke all day. There was some yo yo action at night and now again in the afternoon. It might be just sympathy symptoms (like when JT has a hangover or someone says they've got a headache). I also often get sick of the smell of puke. I really hope it's not a stomach flu. I'm sick all the time anyway...
Yesterday I was at the pharmacy to get some ointment for R's rash and while I was there I thought it was about time I bought some more meds for me. I ran out of Gerdy and Polly meds two months ago and with my selective memory and lack of car-access, I always kept forgetting to get more when I actually did have the car. So now PCOS has gone worse again. My lower abdomen feels hard and lumpy, and there's sometimes pain, especially after certain poking... And there's small lumps growing in places I'd rather not describe. So it's pretty much the same as last spring, just before I had my doctor's appointment and started using the birth control pills to manage it. Luckily, GERD seems to be keeping in check with this veggie diet I've been on. I might actually be able to just take the Nexium when the acids get more wild, not daily. I also bought another supplement; one that's supposed to ease up the pain I've been having in my knees and some other joints. It's worst on the knees and it's making me mad not to be able to mve right. It feels like my knees are hinges, and they're rusty and dry. I was shocked to realize I had just spent over 80€ on meds. Must be a new high. The pharmacist told me that the stronger Nexium I've been using isn't anymore in the list of meds that my health insurance card lowers the price for. The 20mg one still is viable for that. I might go back to those when I renew the recipe next time I run out.
Uh, this was a very depressing post... What about some of that health?
Hubby is healthy. He started a running hobby yesterday. he was pretty goofy looking when he sprinted out of the yard. He got back 20 minutes later out of breath and soaking wet with sweat. I'll bet he sprinted the whole damn way, it would be just his style. When he does sports, he over does it. I need to tell him about interval-running, and maybe find an article about it one of my magazines. I save all my Kunto Plus-fitness mags. They're so full of great info. He's gonna pull a muscle like that and he doesn't even do stretching. I'll bet he's hurting today! Anyways, I hope it will be beneficial for his health once he gets it regular and stops being so stubborn. He's also attempting to drink less beer. He bought some sports drinks he plans to drink now. Surprisingly not: the highest shelve in the fridge is still half-full of beer cans.
You tell him from me the following about running. (I may have only just got into it recently but I've been organising running events for years so I've seen far too many injuries)
ReplyDelete* Start stretching and warming up otherwise he'll know about it when he pulls a muscle. Proper stretches, held for 10-15 seconds minimum.
* Don't over push himself, again its the easiest way to injure yourself. Start out at a comfortable pace and build up to push yourself harder slowly but surely
* Get some proper running shoes if he doesnt have any already, ones that support that ankle and provide a "bounce".
* Drink lots of water, even when its cold to avoid dehydration.
Ok thats about it from me for now. I have training guides and running tips if you want me to email them to you?
Thanks for the training wheels. :D I'll pass it on.
ReplyDeleteMaybe say that instead screaming my head off with "I. am. not. faking. you deuce!" It's always the same thing when I'm telling that I'm sick (most of the time I keep my mouth shut because I hate to whine and rather try to endure what ever is coming) and try to rest. He always thinks I'm faking it. like i'm some kid that's trying to duck school or some shit??!! Like today I was stupid and ate the soup even though my belly was a little uneasy. Well, after that it felt like exploading so I layed down on the sofa to ease it and accidentally fell asleep. Then this idiot comes and pushes my head with his foot. I say pushes because it wasn't kicking. not quite. but such a lovely wake up, don't you think? And on top of it came the usual "yeahyeaheyeah, you're faking it. you're always "sick" When do I get to nap you get your naps when ever"-rant. Fucking moroon... it's times like these I'm really envious about my single friends...
it's not like I'm telling him not to nap. I actually told him to take a nap when he came from work and was very tired. Sometimes I just feel like he really doesn't get me at all. I like taking care of others. It would be nice to be 'taken care of' sometimes too. since that's not happening it's up to me to keep me running and then some idiot comes and makes me feel like shit about it. OUUUUUGHHHH!
ReplyDelete