Monday, February 22, 2010

Begining workout... Again.

Yes, I did it again. Went on weeks without doing proper workout. And so my weight rose from 71 to 76. WTF? It used to be stuck in the same number no matter what I ate or how much I moved. All I've been eating past months has been veggie food, fish every now and then occasionally some low fat meat that has been cooked forever (so it won't bug GERD). I've even tried not to eat so much potatoes and chips and chocolate. It's not like I've just been sitting on my ass for two months. I've got kids; it's impossible to be a slacker.But it happened anyway. I'm taking this as a positive sign. Since I'm suddenly gaining easily, it must get off pretty easily too, huh? So here goes the workout craziness again!

I'm ditching the 10+4 rhythm. Obviously not working for me. The 4-part of it always makes me forget the whole damn workout. The idea with 10+4 rhythm is that at first you're 10 days very strict about your eating and workout and then you get to ease up for 4 days so the body recovers. Sounds good and makes sense, but it's a known fact not everything works for everyone. I suck at all things execution, so I better just stick to a basic plan. Workout every day, no exceptions. But I am remembering the golden rule that the body needs it's time to recover from the workout. So my plan is to do a hefty duty 2-3 hour workout every other day and just 1 hour of lighter workout every other day. Yoga and pilates and such.

Starting next week it would look like: Monday: 3hours; Tuesday: 1hour; Wednesday 3hours; Thursday 1 hour; and so on. this week I'm just slowly rising my basic strength and rising the workout time. I'm in a pretty bad shape right now. I did 30min yoga and 30min mid-body workout yesterday - and that felt good. Today I did the yoga again and 30min Start-up workout with weights which is really demanding, especially since I've only got the 2kilo-weights that I once got from my brother. I've never been sweating so bad in my life! LOL I was planning on doing the mid-body workout too today, but I got too weak for it. Too light breakfast. I had onion omelet for lunch to gain some proteins. Now I feel like working out all over again, but maybe I should pace myself. Or maybe I should do just one 30 minute workout to warm me up. It's so damn cold in here again, I'm wearing a blanket and a sweater.

I'm really well motivated to do the work now. Reasons why:
1) duh, the 5kg (10lb) weight gain that forced me to buy bigger pants almost made me cry.
2) summer is getting closer and I really don't want to be as fat and clumsy as I was last summer. I was too ashamed to go anywhere.
3) I've been feeling a little low lately and doing sports always makes me feel better. Endorphins at work. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment